Guide for Visitors
Due to measures against the new coronavirus infection, non-Nagoya University members are not allowed to enter the library. If you wish to use the materials, please apply for an ILL through your institution's library or public library.
- Please contact us by phone or email. We will check to see if the material you want is in the shelve.
- If you search OPAC, you will find materials that are displayed as "in Laboratory" in the status column. If you would like to use these materials, please allow a week or more from the time of your request. (In some cases, they may not be available for viewing.)
- A letter of introduction is not required. Bring your ID card.
- Please fill out the form at the service desk.
- Keep valuables in your possession at all times.
Please be quiet at the library.
No food or drink.
Do not use mobile phones. No smoking.
- Holding materials can search using OPAC. We hold the materials whose Holding library is displayed as "Eng".
- In the OPAC, if the status of a material is “in laboratory”, it means that the material is currently being used in the laboratory. If you want to use the material, please contact us in advance.
Arrange and Location
- Books are arranged from left to right, top to bottom. First, in the order of the classification number printed on the first column of the spine label. And then, in the alphabetical order of the author symbol (the first letter or letters of the author's last name) printed on the second column.
The classification number and the author symbol are collectively called the "Call Number" and can be checked on the OPAC.
- Journals are arranged in alphabetical order of the titles. (Non-Japanese: ABC, Japanese: Kana)
|Eng Central Lib
Eng Central Lib in stack
Eng Central Lib Archit Books
|Books||Central Engineering Library|
|Eng Central Lib Journal||Journals||Central Engineering Library|
|Eng Chem Bio Lib||Books, Journals||Chemical and Biological Library|
|Eng Mol Macromol Chem
Eng Mater Chem
|Please contact Chemical and Biological Library|
|Eng Appl Phys
Eng Mater Phys
Eng Appl Energy
Eng Common Fac
Eng Nuclear Fac
Eng Future Soc
|Please contact Central Engineering Library|
|Eng Mater Design
Eng Mater Prc
Eng Chem Sys
|Please contact Chemical and Biological Library or Central Engineering Library|
|Eng Elec Info Lib||Books, Journals||Electrical and Information Library|
Eng Info Comm
|Please contact Electrical and Information Library|
|Eng Mech Aero Lib||Books, Journals||Mechanical and Aerospace Library|
|Please contact Mechanical and Aerospace Library|
|Eng Civil Lib||Books, Journals||Civil Engineering Library|
|Eng Civil Environ||Books, Journals
|Please contact Civil Engineering Library|
- All the materials in the libraries are accessible freely (except audio-visual materials).
- After browsing library materials, please return them to where they were.
- If you need to use audio-visual materials, please contact the service desk.
As a rule, visitors can not borrow the materials. Visitors can order materials from the Engineering Library through your organization's library or the nearest public library.
Only a partial copy of library items is permitted within the limits specified by the Copyright Law Article 31.
- You can temporarily borrow non-circulating materials (such as journals) to make a photocopy. Please fill out an application form.
- Please return them on the same day.
- Please allow enough time for applying to make photocopy so that you can return the materials before the library closes.
- Central Engineering Library: A COOP photocopy machine is available. You can purchase photocopy cards at the COOP shops in the university.
- Department Libraries: Please ask at the service desk.