Library Services under COVID-19
The Engineering Library judges the opening and services level based on the "Educational Activities" and "Entrance restrictions for students" levels in the Guidelines for Activities at Nagoya University During the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic as shown in below.
Opening and Service Standards for Engineering Library (in Japanese)
If you wish, we can borrow and deliver materials in the Engineering Library to your home.
This is a service mainly provided by the Central Library, but we will provide the same services for materials in the Engineering Library if you requested.
Depending on the situation, possibly the contents of the service will be changed at any time in accordance with changes in the activity policy level established by Nagoya University. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Eligible user: Students of Nagoya University who cannot visit the library due to measures against new coronavirus infection, and want the books/materials to be delivered to their homes.
- Period: End date to be determined.
- Materials: Materials in the Engineering Library (Except for non-circulating materials such as journals).
- University will cover the postage to your home.
- If you return the books by mail or other means, you are responsible for the delivery fee from your home to the Engineering Library.
How to Apply
Please send to eng2nul.nagoya-u.ac.jp with the following information.
- Student ID number
- Zip code
- Telephone number
- Book Information (Please repeat the following information one by one.) a) Book title, b) Volume number, c) Material ID, d) Special note
If you want to borrow more than one book, please write it in the order you want it. (Checkout Limit: Members of engineering-related departments: 5 items, members of other departments: 3 items.)
When we are ready, we will send a dispatch notification to the address you sent us. Materials will be sent by courier service.
Please bring them to the Engineering Library, or send them with a delivery record after packing them firmly. You will be responsible for all return shipping costs.
Delivery Service for Copies Ordered via Interlibrary Loan
We provide home delivery service for copies ordered via interlibrary loan.
- Eligibility for home delivery is the same as above.
- If you wish for home delivery, please let us know your home postal code and address when you apply. If you do not provide this information, you can pick up the materials at the Engineering Library or have them sent to you by internal delivery as usual.
- For loans, materials can be only picked up at the Engineering Library as usual. We can not deliver to your home.
- Please see "Interlibrary Loan" page for more details.
Remote Study/Research Support
Library Online Consultation (Trial)
Library staff accept questions about library resources and services via Zoom (Trial).
For more details on how to use, please see the Japanese page.
Reference service/Consultation by E-mail
Please feel free to contact us email (engnul.nagoya-u.ac.jp).
Electronic Resources Available from Off-Campus
- Please see Nagoya University Library website＞"Electronic Resources to support Remote Study and Research" at the top of the site.
- Many e-books are available. The following guidesheet introduce how to find and read major publisher's ebooks by field.
|Cambridge University Press||On Campus||Remote Access||Guide Sheet|
|Elsevier (ScienceDirect)||On Campus||Remote Access||Guide Sheet|
|Oxford University Press||On Campus||Remote Access||Guide Sheet|
|Springer Nature||On Campus||Remote Access||Guide Sheet|